Immunizations work to keep all people healthy. Immunization has been called the most important public health intervention in history, after safe drinking water. It has saved millions of lives over the years and has prevented hundreds of millions of people from getting sick.
We know that getting our children immunized can protect their friends, schoolmates and others from those same diseases. Vaccines have made a huge impact in lowering childhood disease.
- Childhood immunizations are available for no charge for infants and children up to age 19 through the Vaccines for Children Program.
- We can only accept children with no insurance, Badgercare, or if their private insurance does not cover the vaccination. We do not bill private insurance.
- Immunization clinics are held at the Vilas County Public Health Offices located at 302 W. Pine Street in Eagle River. Please call 715-479-3656 for an appointment.
- Travel shots are available through the Marshfield Clinic program. Call 715-358-1881 for more information.
- Appointments are available at Arbor Vitae Town Hall and Manitowish Waters Community Center as needed. Please call 715-479-3656 to set these appointments.
Please call Vilas County Health Department at 715-479-3656 for this information.
Immunizations for Children Through Age 18
- Diptheria-Tetanus-Pertusis (DTAP and Tdap)
- Tetanus-diptheria (Td)
- Haemophilus B (Hib)
- Human Papiloma Virus (HPV)*
- Pneumococcal conjugate (PCV)
- Measles-Mumps-Rubella (MMR)
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B*
- Varicella (chickenpox)
* The second and third doses are free if the client is over age 19, IF the first dose was give to the client before the age of 19.
Immunizations for Adults
Certain vaccines are available to adults 19 and older who are uninsured or underinsured. Please call 715-479-3656 for more information.
- Tetanus (includes Tdap and Td) - $10.00
- Measles-Mumps-Rubella (MMR) - $10.00
- Varicella - $10.00
- Hepatitis B - $45.00 per dose (3 dose regimen)
- Shingles - $200.00 (must be age 60 or older)
- Influenza - $25.00
- Pneumonia - $90.00
- Prevnar 13 - $185.00
- Menactra (only for individuals still in a college dorm) - free
- Travel shots are available through Marshfield Clinic program, please call 715-358-1881 for information.
- Tuberculosis Skin Test - $10.00
- For Children infants to 6 years of age
- For Children 7 years of age through 18 years of age
- For Adults
Or visit the CDC website at: http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/schedules/easy-to-read/index.html
Other Immunization Resources
- Understanding Immunization Guide - A resource that explains the importance of immunizations so diseases, like measles, are prevented.
- Wisconsin Division of Public Health Immunization Program - Provides additional general information.
- Wisconsin Immunization Registry (WIR) - An Internet database where you can look up immunization records (Wisconsin's residents).
- CDC National Center Immunization and Respiratory Disease Program - Provides up-to-date information for the field of immunizations.
- Immunization Action Coalition's - Has great information for parents and health care professionals. For vaccine informaiton in different languages, click here http://www.immunize.org/vis/?f=9
Influenza & Flu Shot Clinics
The Vilas County Public Health Department will provide vaccinations at various locations in Vilas County. To get a list of dates for clinics and to make the required appointment, please call 715-479-3656 or click on the following link:
The cost of the seasonal influenza shot is $25.00 payable in cash or check. The Health Department will bill Medicare Part B, Medicaid and some Medicare replacements. Please bring your child's record of vaccines to your appointment. Immunizations will not be given without a record of previous shots.
Pneumonia shots are available for those people 65 years of age and older. There are some restrictions. The Health Department will bill Medicare for pneumonia shots.
Please call 715-479-3656 for any questions or information regarding flu shots.